Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, is there any way to download MS Paint for Windows XP?
I used nLite to remove some components i never used and i probablly removed MS Paint, cuz it's not in registry, not in startmenu, nowhere.

And i need it back seriously. I don't want to strip Windows again, it took me ages finding out what is safe to be removed and what not.

Or could someone pack their MS Paint from their Windows and upload it somewhere for me? I would be greatful.

Cuz i searched high and low on google but i can't find a way to download it.

Thanks...

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
if you cannot find MS Paint for download, i reccomend OpenOffice.Org's software, it is quite similar to MS Office software, only it's opensource, and is free to download, and better yet is it saves in all the windows compatable extentions...

OpenOffice.org - download page
hope this helps.

P

·
0 Posts
I have the idea but unfortunetely i couldnt come up with the name of the .inf file. under c:\windows\inf there might be an .inf file for mspaint ( like it has one for defragmentation tool dfrg.inf ). You ll right click on the file and pick install. But as i said sorry i couldnt come up with the name of it. Does anyone know ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Paint is a part of Windows. Why can you not reinstall it from Control Panel's Add/Remove?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alwrmc said:
Paint is a part of Windows. Why can you not reinstall it from Control Panel's Add/Remove?
Nvm, my friend already sent it to me.
It is a part of the Windows, but it was carried away while i was stripping my CD, so i remove not-needed components.

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft Support
7,738 Posts
so it didn't even show up in the control panel > add/remove programs > "Add/Remove Windows Components" ?!?

·
Registered
370 Posts
First off you really shouldn't have removed paint. If your using a system that doesn't have the resources to accomidate MS Paint then maybe you shouldn't be using XP.

Second anytime you remove a base windows component you can always use your XP cd to put it right back. Chances are beyond very good that you will never find it on the internet or on Microsofts site. Always go for the cd first and if there are updates use Windows Update.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't understand what you mean when you say
"it was carried away while i was stripping my CD, so i remove not-needed components."
What is stripping a cd??
If you have your windows cd (legal I hope) you should be able to reinstall it that way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
alwrmc said:
What is stripping a cd??
With nLite you can copy your XP CD to your hard drive and remove various programs, drivers and services from the install files.

Then you can burn it to a CD and install it.

The problem is that it's hard to know what removals are going to work for you and what aren't.

So my advice is to be prepared to install your system several times if you use nLite. It'll take you that long to get used to using it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for the info DVOM. Never heard of that one.
My sorta tongue in cheek input, Some people sure go to an extraordinary amount of trouble to screw their computers up. Oh well, to each his own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.