Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey it's me again. :D. You know those download managers that "boost" ur downlaoding speed. Do they really work? I'm using Gozilla and my download speed is still the same as my downlaod speed without it. Around 4.50 bps. Do i have to configure something on my PC? Thanx again.

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
2,697 Posts
Hi Ricefrom711 and welcome to TSF.

Download accelorators don't really make your downloading more faster. Especially on dialup. They are more for reliability, as you can often pause and restart downloads. Now if you are on cable, they can speed up the download if the program your using is able to connect multiple streams, therefore downloading double or triple the speed depending on your bandwidth. But on dialup, your capped anyway, so that wont help. So its more of a download MANAGER rather than a speeder upper.

There are so many kinds of downloaders. Flashget & Getright are good, so is Leechget & Star Downloader. Star Downloader is freeware.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Personally I'm fond of Download Accelerator...especially when I was on AOL dialup....but DJ is right on this one... you are capped... the best you can do is to optimize Windows for Dialup...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.