Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am new here :wave:

I am very thankful I found this site, as I usually have many issues with my cpu and do not know where to turn. :pray:

Anywho, onto my question....

When I am looking through my hard-drive and double-clicking on folders to open, instead of opening the folder, a command box appears. When I right click on the folder, the first option is "open command window here." the "open" option is like 7-options down on the list.

When I double click other icons, such as MY Computer>Hard Drive, I can open those. It just happens when I double click folders.

I think I was messing around with "Folder options" from the control panel a week ago when the problem first arose. Can someone help me retrace my steps and correct the issue, so I can open the folder by double clicking it?

thank you!!!! :wave:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yap, Pls try and be sure Ur PC has not been infected by Virus. If no Virus then go back to Control Panel, Open Folder Options, On the General Tab Click "Restore Defaults". Then open The View Tab in the same window Click "Restore Defaults Again" then click OK and close the window, U should not have this problem again.

Thanks.

Bye

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thank you for your reply, but I tried to restore the defaults as you said and that did not solve my problem. I am 99% sure I do not have a virus, as I stated that this problem first arose when I was messing around with the folder options myself.
I believe that was the problem, as I recall fiddling around with the File Types.

Any suggestions? :4-dontkno

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.