Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dos virtual machine is not working (i have been browsing other sites trying to figure out why i could not games such as roller coaster tycoon ect, that i know work on XP and they suggested checking out my dos virtual machine files -->

Config.nt
Autoexec.nt
Command.com

when i did this i found that non of them are working (follwed MS websites instructions, computer doesnt even recognise file types)

when ever i try to open 9x and earlier based games always comes up with:

C:\Winnt\System32\config.nt The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

or

exception raised:access violation

i have also tries the compatability modes on right click of file (did not help) i was hoping if anyone would be able to try and help me, i have not ever been a heavy user of command interfaces so please bare with me if i ask stupid questions/say stupid things...

...thank you, and i greatly appreciate any help given

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the download did stop the error message, thankyou for the site. although RCT does still crash when for example i try to load and save, or start a new game whilst in level. When this happens the game just completely closes with an error message with no specific details on what caused the error. any suggestions of what could cause this, i am playing in compatability mode, tried without this but it was much worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.