Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of you who have details of your systems hardware at the bottom of your posts should be aware that these words are found when searching from the internet. This makes it really hard to find an answer on a specific hardware device because you have to filter through all you guys bragging about your puny configs contiaining the same device. The Admins should have added a place for you guys to show off that doesn't come up in searches. I couldnt find a way to contact them, if anybody knows how please fwd this message.
Meanwhile you would be doing a great service to the intent of this website if you removed your personal system hardware devices from the bottom of every damn one of your future posts.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Your kidding, right? You're on the Internet. It's filled with misleading information. Learn how to use the advanced features of Google and stop complaining about something that wouldn't make a bit of difference on the world wide web.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why, no, I'm not kidding. Google has no advanced feature that will filter this out. Are you just in a bad mood?

·
Registered
241 Posts
phupper man, relax. Posting our system info in our sig isn't some lame excuse to brag out a "puny" config, it is a relevant thing to have regarding our systems, and people who visit the site may PM or request advice from people with similar setups. Also, people with certain setups may be more likely to help those with similar ones, etc...

·
Registered
174 Posts
signatures

If someone makes a statement about, for instance, Asus's P4C800-e Deluxe it's comforting to see that he's actually experienced with it. What they're running definitely might give their statements more weight. Many posters often want to hear from people with similar configurations.

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
i guess the search engines need to work on better search criteria.

it's just like nintendo bringing a lawsuit against a web forum because someone had the name of a nintendo game in their profile....

i don't see this as the fault of the forum, i see it as a fault of the search engines.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Did you register here just to complain about something that's just completely irrelevant? So what if we post our specifications? We're not trying to brag or one-up anyone. As many of the other posters have stated, it's all about benefitting those who visit our site.

·
Registered
58 Posts
it is always good to have a sig with specifications so in any kind of help or questions ... u dont need to state the same thing. and .. ppl can see what u have and ask questions or suggestions abt tht.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems I've touched a nerve. I was really more interested in finding a "contact us" link but couldn't. Actually the forum should have a section to post your system hardware that is not searchable (metatags or whatever...)
I don't think anyone searching for a problem with a particular hardware device, cares to know only that you own one. Does that give you credability when you give advice? Well they're already asking a complete stranger so trust doesn't seem to be an issue.

I'm just saying that, for example if I'm searching for a driver installation issue with my WXYZ sound card on my ABCD motherboard, I dont give a CRAP about ALL THE POSTS EVER MADE ON EVERY POSSIBLE OTHER SUBJECT by people who only own matching hardware.

Thank You

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.