Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it happened when I upgraded from windows ME to Windows XP I think. I lost my old profile and made a new one. But now I want to delete the old file a message alert appears and displays "cannot not delete (username): Access Denied" I am the computer Administrator. So are there any programs I can use or anyways to get around this without reinstalling windows ME (simply because I can't, no disc)

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can try to boot up in safe mode and log in using your current profile. Then go to the folder you are being denied access to and right click on properties. Click on the Middle tab i believe and then go to the Ownership tab. Change it to your profile and check the include subfolders. You should now be able to access the folder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, so far I can open the file but its going to take a bit longer to actually get the files inside workable so I can delete. What I need to do now is speed up my loading times everything seems to be going slowly, I've defragged the drive and done the error-checking thing. I've also Done a virus scan. Basically how do I stop the following from loading up at the system tray: Norton Internet Security and networking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.