Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need help setting up users domain permissions. Right now, all our users have admin rights, that is they are set up as "Domain Admins" in AD.

However, due to some recently unknowingly downloading and installing from the internet we would like enforce some restrictions. The problem is that due to an application we are running they still need some admin rights.

This is what they need in order to run that application:

- On the server, they need full access rights to "Folder A"
- On their local machine, they full access rights to "Folder B" as well as read/write permission to the local hard drive.

Is there any way I can enforce some installation restrictions on these user while keeping the permissions mentioned above?

I'll appreciate any help!!! Many thanks!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I would go a step further.

Make a Global Group called "Application Users" (change Application to the program name). Give this group the correct access to the server folder. This covers the server side.

Now, if the number of members of this group is relatively small, just give that group the correct access to the local folder on each PC.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would go a step further.

Make a Global Group called "Application Users" (change Application to the program name). Give this group the correct access to the server folder. This covers the server side.

Now, if the number of members of this group is relatively small, just give that group the correct access to the local folder on each PC.
I'm sorry but I'm new to setting permissions. Can you be more specific.

How do I set the users to have full access to the server folder and local folder?

Many thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.