Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see from my previous post I did something I probably shouldn't have done. Oh well. live and learn.

Now.........will reformatting my puter set the registry straight?

thanks,
Postcard:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you reformat make sure you do it the good way i call it. There is a quick and long format. The quick one takes no time but might not solve your problems. This happened to me before and I had to go back and do it the long way where you have to write 0's to the array and the whole process takes a couple of hours.:no:

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
There is no reason that the quick format won't solve the problem, whatever is left on the disk is totally ignored after the directories are rebuilt by the format. I really doubt that a long format had anything to do with your problem unless you had actual bad sectors on the disk.

·
Registered
45 Posts
roosta21 said:
I am just speaking from my previous happings. The quick format did not solve my problem but the long one did.:upset:
Low level format distrys the disk. but it does wipe it. Depending on the disk utility you used. Still Low level is low level. You will probably be buying another hardrive in about 6 months. Until then goood luuuck:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.