Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i scan with ad-aware then remove the things..then i scan with spybot and remove it..then i scan with spyware doctor i get all the same infections...do these spy/adware programs really remove anything? or do they just show what ur infected with?

·
UK
1,142 Posts
Adaware and Spybot offer you the option of removing unwanted add/spyware and when I have double checked by running them immediately again they have given the 'all clear' on the second run.

However, they may not identify all of the malware on your machine and so it's worth running at least a couple of programs ... I have found Trend Micro Housecall pretty good:-
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Also, the Microsoft Anti-Spy is free and runs in the background.

Peter

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ad-Aware is funny, you need to right-click on the list of spyware/malware/etc that it finds, and click 'Select All' before going 'OK' or it won't remove anything on the list.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
the anti-spyware from M$ does just that. Just because it's Microsoft doesn't mean it can't be good. I've used it for a while now and wouldn't do without it. SpyBot S&D also has a resident program that will monitor virtually ANY change made to your system. It will warn you and ask if you want to let the change be made or not.

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Simple matter is that not one program will catch them all. Using two or three is a much better way to keep a clean system. Of course, prevention is also a major factor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I find that as long as you keep windows and anti-virus software up to date and run ad aware and spybot every now and then it keeps my computer very clean. Unless of course you allready have a trojan or something, in which case evey time you remove the spy\adware the trojan will put it right back. :deveous: Also I find that different isp's and\or different areas will have more attacks than others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.