Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to install linux on another machine that was brand new (custom built) it said boot from cd: and so i did then the title of the cd appeared then boot failed with this message>
isolinux : Disk error 80, AX = 4228, drive 9F
so i thought may be it was the CD so i thought bugger it ill istall XP instead and this message popped up>
isolinux : Disk error 80, AX = 4224, drive 9F
as you can see it still says isolinux all that changed was 4224 to 4228 i researched the first error in a linux forum and a person had the same message he swapped his master and slave around and the boot installation went fine. Now i have not installed my sata2 drivers because im not sure if i have to do it before a boot installation is started or after an os has been installed any
thoughts......:4-dontkno

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep xp cd and its 1st boot is from cd thats what i dont understand

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
3,152 Posts
Well, then you aren't using a original XP CD. It must be a homemade one if it's using ISOLINUX as a bootloader.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The disk is an original no activation cd for technitions but it say the same message when i put fc6 in as well.
PS
i went to install fc6 before i tried installing xp but the same error occured

·
TSF Team, Emeritus
3,152 Posts
Ok. I think you might have a defective CD-ROM drive. If you don't have a replacement testing drive, try the disks in another computer and see if they run.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill try a different DVD drive in the computer even thought the one i got is a brand new sony DVD drive. and yes the fc6 was dvd not a cd im not that dull. LOL.. cheers for yu help so far ill give it a try...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.