Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I did an anti-root kit scan of my computer and found 375 hidden files in my system32 file. I had no clue what these files were so I googled the base name of all the files which was "Docambas." When you google any word whatsoever you'll get a million hits, but Docambas came up with two hits. Both from Japanese housing sites. The file extension was .soe, which I looked up on an anti-virus website. The extension belongs to the video game Shadows of the empire for Nintendo 64. I think the extension might be fake, but my computer could not open these files, even after searching the web for the proper program to open it with.

I'm a little baffled. I've heard of hackers hacking into Joe Blow's computer to basically use your hard drive. They'll dump a bunch of files on your computer like movies or songs, in a place you'll never notice and do what they want with them. I wonder if something like this has happened to me. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

...After I deleted all of the files except one (It wouldn't let me delete it because the file was somehow in use by another program) the files are mysteriously regenerating on my computer.

I'm not an idiot when it comes to computers but I am physically scratching my head right now. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also, these files are "regenerating" whether I have my internet plugged in or not. This is beyond me.

With this file that it won't let me delete because another program is using it... is there a way I can find out which program is using it, so I can shut it down and delete it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.