Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I accidentally clicked on a link to download Doc To PDF when trying to download a telephone manual (it was right next to it)

I escaped, so I thought, but later I could see my libraries tab in the top of my browser... got out of there, scanned with AVG (it came out fine) & shortly afterwards the computer blue-screened & restarted.

I have Windows 8 & its a PC.

Is there a danger that I have been hacked?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Deb

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sweet, I ran into the same thing because I needed to use the real tool to convert doc file to pdf once and then all the ads from every website I visited were about the fake ones. I misclicked on one of them, it seemed like nothing had been installed yet my laptop was starting to freeze every time I tried to open a pdf file. Apparently, it affected only software pieces like Acrobat I had, so if doing so with the online tools no weird things had happened. My very solution here, just don't use AVG, the built-in Windows Security tool works better, and Malwarebytes furthermore

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,879 Posts
What you both can do is go through "Programs and Features" and look at the dates of new installed programs for the date you made the mistake. Any you are unsure of uninstalling just list here and we will help you decide but usually when you get buried with "bloatware" from a third party site you can spot the problem applications this way and simply remove them all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.