Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SBS 2003 (all updated) with 10 or so XP Pro Clients (all updated). I am slowly upgrading/configuring this network up to par. I had dns configured on this server and used dhcp with our old router. I have now replaced our router with a pix501 and just created a new DHCP scope to include the dns server and the correct gateway and ip range on the SBS box.

I changed the ip address of the SBS 2003 also.

All my clients can connect to the internet & all network locations and complete a nslookup with no problems. But in the middle of doing all of this my machine has dns issues now and I cant get on the internet with out changing my dns servers to my isp's (manually). I tried flushing my cache a bunch and release renewed as well. I was changing my ip address etc alot when I was reconfiguring. I think its corrupted or something.

Any suggestions or comments?:4-dontkno

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Are you using the router for DHCP or the Server?
If you are using the server, you need to make sure you have the options configured correctly. In DNS you need to put in a fowarder to you ISPs DNS server. All clients should use the SBS for DNS resolution. The static TCP/IP properties of the SBS should also have itself for DNS servers and do not put the IPS of your ISPs DNS server in it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.