Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a DLL file is? I have been getting errors reffering to this file everytime I boot up my system. I think it might have something to do with my internet explorer because I have not been able to access it since I have been receiving these errors

·
Administrator, Automotive Team Manager
5,284 Posts
Welcome thehogcaller to Tech Support Forums! Can you please post the name of the .dll file that's giving you trouble?
Thanks, MT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DLL

yes midnight tech the file name I am getting is WINDOWS\NEWDOT~4.DLL system cannot find file specified. Can this be fixed?? Thanks

·
5,284 Posts
I did a check for that .dll on my system and did not have it. Have you uninstalled or deleted any folders?

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Re: DLL

thehogcaller said:
yes midnight tech the file name I am getting is WINDOWS\NEWDOT~4.DLL system cannot find file specified. Can this be fixed?? Thanks
The only instances I find for this DLL is that it appears to be spyware, especially since IE has stopped working. Try downloading and running this software, http://www.tucows.com/preview/236049.html.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DLL

Midnight.. yes I have uninstalled some files but I still get the same error...Bvalkor thanks so much for the software info I got my internet explorer back and my system is running much better, however I am still getting the same error at start up???!! Do you know anything about this site that was New.net? Is there another site that is similar?

·
5,284 Posts
If you feel comfortable editing the Registry do a search for that file and if it turns up delete that key ONLY. Just be sure to do a backup of it first.
MT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.