Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontkno

Something is wrong. I was getting error message when tried to go to internet explorer. Then when I restarted it, it gave me an error message. The message read "load DLL for kernel". What does this means and how do I fix it. I have a EVOn1020v laptop. It may have ran hot. I don't know. It won't let me do anything. I can't even boot in safe mode. Please HELP!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DLL problems for Kernel

I can't get to windows. The quick restore cd doesn't read in the CD drive. How do I flash the bios? If you can still do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help

Someone please help me. I can do anything with this computer. I can manage to get to dos, but that is it. It is not reading the cd drive. What can I do?

·
Registered
44 Posts
1. have you try using the CD on another PC, is it readable?
2. Try go the bios setting and check whether it is Boot 1st set to CD Drive?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problems

That didn't work! HP/Compaq was no help. Unlucky me! Out of warranty. Anyone have anymore suggestions. Should I format the harddrive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problems

Does anyone knows how to flash the bios for EVon1020v (compaq)? It is a XP professional.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You don't need to flash the bios unless you're not telling us something.

I suggest you put the Windows XP cd in the cdrom drive and boot off it. Once you have entered the setup continue passed the first screen where it has recovery until you come to another screen that says repair. Hit R to repair your Windows.

·
Registered
247 Posts
In the BIOS under settings somewhere set the first boot device to CDROM. If this is the case then I suggest borrowing a CD from someone.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just that cdrom or any cdrom? If it is just that one, borrow someones XP cd. I don't think you are going to find another way around this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.