Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i downloaded the audio codec from this site:

http://www.xvidmovies.com/faq/#4.4

but once I double clicked the installation icon, a window pops up saying somwhere along these lines: this software does not have the windows XP logo, which means it has not been tested for compatibility with windows XP. Installation of software mays cause severe errors in the operating system.

now, i've already installed the codec, but now im worried whether the site downloaded from is a legit one, meaning i may have downloaded a virus/trojan/malware instead of the real thing. so i am wondering, has anyone else encountered the same window when installing DivX codec for WMP?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
370 Posts
It believe that they all come together in the install. From what I know of Divx it is a video codec, not an audio one. Installing that should give you what you need. Are you getting a message telling you otherwise?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just download and install those two codec packages and you should be fine. The package gives you everything you need to play media files that require the codecs.

CMA

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aeuzent said:
It believe that they all come together in the install. From what I know of Divx it is a video codec, not an audio one. Installing that should give you what you need. Are you getting a message telling you otherwise?

well, there is no sound coming from the WMP, but the video is fine.

i ran a GSPOT render and the results were that it couldn't find an audio codec capable of decompressing the audio stream.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The divx and xvid avis can use any number of audio compression codecs. It is probably using ogg vorbis or some such. Your best bet is to download a codec pack like 'Nimo', it should install all the current video and audio codecs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.