Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! im trying to creating Distribution Group, i have some questions in creating the Distibution Group.
1. What type of Group? Coz, i found out that there is 2 types which is
Distribution and Security type.
2. In adding the users, under which tab? under Add Member or under mail
Mail Flow Settings?

Thanks in advnce.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Distribution Group can only be used to sending and a security group can be used to add some security to shared folderes on you're network or sending mail to the whole group.

Add members

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi! i want to clarify that creating distribution group and adding members and likewise sending emails to that email account of distribution group will work only within the network. Right?

But if someone send an email from outside of the network suppose from yahoo or hotmail account, that email account created from the distribution group will work. i mean will received the email from outside the network.

I am trying to send a test email from my yahoo account but unfortunately i am receiving an error message saying

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]

Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Borsen, i got and solved the issue. And you are correct but you have forgotten to mention to me that i need to uncheck the "Require that all senders are authenticated" under Mail Flow Settings>Message Delivery Restrictions.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.