Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to browse and drag and drop using two screens. Laptop screen and desktop monitor screen.
For that I detached VGA cable of desktop monitor from CPU box and attached it to laptop. I right clicked on the laptop screen and clicked on properties. That popped up "Display Properties" screen. I clicked on "settings" tab and checked "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor"
Clicked on "Apply" and "Ok"
This setting allows me to drag and drop between monitor and laptop. I can browse the content of the laptop only.

Now I want to browse through the content of desktop. How can I do that ? VGA cable which is attached to CPU box stays attached to it.
Do I need separate VGA cable to attach to laptop ?
If so, how can I attach second VGA cable to monitor ? As there is slot for only one VGA cable ? Is there any splitter or switch available, so that I can use two VGA cables ?

thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
You could try using a KVM switch. What this does is it allows you to connect a monitor, mouse and keyboard to 2 (or more, depending on the switch you get) computers and change which one you are using at any given time by simply pressing a button.

For more information on KVM switches, here's a link to the Wikipedia article on them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switch

If this is not what you are looking for or if you don't think it will work (I'm not sure how it'll work with a desktop and a laptop as I have only used kvm switches with desktop machines), just say so and either myself or someone else here will help you as best as I, or they, can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.