Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

When I go to display properties the tabs that are normally found at the top (themes, desktop, screen saver, etc) have all disappeared. I think that this started after I loaded the latest drivers for my NVIDIA graphics cards. I read elsewhere that a Trojan could cause it but have run my MacAfee Virus scanner and found nothing. Please help me...

By the way i am running Windows XP SP1 and I have a GeForce Fx 5200 if this helps.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
still no luck...

I have run the trend micro virus scanner and also the kaspersky online scanner and found nothing. I went onto the other site copied the registry entries, saved them and then ran it. What was strange however was that when I looked before the registry entry: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

never existed. However this did not work and still have the same problem.

I tried changing the theme back to standard windows xp and it worked - the tabs came up but as soon as I closed it again it and reopened, it would go back to normal (i.e. no tabs.)

I do appreciate your help and any further suggestions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just remembered

Oh yeah forgot to say that the window appears to be sort of cut short when the tabs do show like it has been reduced in size. Maybe there is a way to enlarge it again who knows? :4-dontkno

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an identical problem. After I reinstalled WindowsXP (with SP2), the display properties would only show Themes. I ran the registry fix as well (the one from kellys-korner-xp) which added the new registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. This allowed the display tab to be visible, but only if I changed to the WindowsXP theme and then back to Windows Classic. Then, the tabs were partially hidden, but I could still access them. But just like Malz, when I closed the display properties and opened them again, the tabs had disappeared again. This is obviously not just a problem for Malz since it has happened to me too. Must be a WindowsXP bug since it occurred right after I reinstalled Windows. I haven't found any solution to this on any of Microsoft's web sites. Anyone know if a solution has been found yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.