Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the past few weeks, my presario notebook's screen colors have been acting weird (running colors, etc), the problem getting progressively worse as time went on. Well, I reinstalled the drivers, both from the copies on my computer and the ones on the Compaq website. Needless to say it didn't do anything.
Well, about a week ago, I had tried to reinstall the drivers again from my computer. I got a message saying that that the drivers to be installed were older than the ones present; I continued. Later on, about an hour and a half later, my screen went completely blank.
This has been consistently happening ever since. The graphics will work just fine for about an hour, then the graphics start subtly acting up right before the screen fizzles into a pure white. What's more, I have to wait a few hours before I can turn on the computer and actually see something on screen (Otherwise, the computer boots up as normal, only nothing can be seen).
I mean, is it the physical screen itself that's responsible, perhaps bacause it overheats too fast? If not, then what? Someone told me it might be the LCD Inverter. By the way, my warranty is over so even if it is, I wouldn't be able to send it to the company.*Sigh*:no:
I hope someone will be able to help me, as I would be grateful for any advise I can get. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
run system diagnostics....things that happen after time are usally ...bad power or heat related...stop using the machine as soon as possible...if it is turning off cause of heat related everytime you do it you risk further damage....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.