Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with video/moving images pausing every minute or so for just a second on my laptop. However, it's only the movement that pauses, the sound continues as normal. Crucially (?) it's not just video - animated GIFs, for example (such as the smilies that I can see on offer for use as I write this post) also have the same problem, and I just noticed the effect when typing this - so it is presumably the entire display that pauses for a second and not just video.

It's a year old Toshiba laptop (L300-1AP) running Vista with 2GB of RAM.

It's actually a tiny tiny issue, but once noticed, it annoys! Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.

·
Decessit
68,879 Posts
Hi and welcome to TSF try updating you video driver,and flash player also shockwave, and java as these all can be part of your issue so this should cover all of them and see how it goes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this. I have reinstalled Firefox, Java and Flash video and the problem persists.

I actually think it may be the computer itself that is pausing slightly, but it's just most visible on streaming video (although having said this, video files seem unaffected).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.