Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dell LCD display has become squiggly and text is very difficult to read. I've found that by changing the refresh rate from 60 to 75, the problem improves but is still present and very annoying. The video card is ATI Radeon Xpress Series 200.

Running Windows XP Media Center Edition, SP2 on an emachines T6524.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
do you have anything wireless near it, speakers too close? Check the cables. Also if possible, try it on another computer to see if this is a monitor problem or something else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing near monitor causing interference or at least nothing new has been added or anything moved. I connected my laptop to monitor and the display was fine. Reconnected to desktop emachines and squiggly display returned. The squiggly display is present from the instant the pc boots up.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Open the case and make sure its dust free. Also make sure the video card (if you have one) is seated properly. While you inside, make sure all other cable and cards are connected securely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cleaned dust from within case. no video card. ATI chip is surface mounted on motherboard. reconnected it and powered up. No change. Display still squiggly.

·
Premium Member
77,999 Posts
yes you just change fron onboard to the card but you will more than likely have to upgrade the power supply as well
emachines generally could do with a psu upgrade even before they are used in the first place
you can upgrade to pcie card
it will need a min output of 26amps on the 12v+ line from a quality psu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.