Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After formatting my hard-drive after some sound problems I have re-installed windows 98. Everything is ok exept my display! I can only set screen resolution to 640x480 and 16 colors!

I know I must need to download a driver or display adapter or something but what?!

any help welcomed!!

::TINO::

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
hello tino , welcome to the TSF...
do you know if you have a video card installed or is video coming directly off the motherboard ? If you tell us what you have, we can help you with what you need to download.

Please let us know...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I have not got a video card, running off the motherboard. I have a 'tiny'pc :no: Intel Pentium III, 256MB RAM, Win98se.

Would it be an Intel Chipset I need? :confused:

thanks,
::TINO::

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
tino,
it might be intel or no...for example, one of my "beater" machines has an intel motherboard and s3 video chipset...did you build your own PC or did you buy it ? if you can, you can post a brand name and we can look it up for ya ....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well It was bought from 'tiny' in Oct 99. Since then though tiny have gone bust! I dont wanna just go installing the wrong drivers cause thats what I think caused the problem in the first place making me formatting the hard drive :dontknow:

:TINO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
if you do not know what kind of card it is you can use a debug script to find out but you will need to decypher it this is the command

From an MS-DOS prompt, type in debug and press the enter key.
At the dash prompt type d C000:0010 and press the enter key.

Other wise open the case and take a look :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.