Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I'm in the correct forum - I searched this issue and couldn't find an answer. Really appreciate your help in resolving this issue:

My Computer:
Intel Core i7 920 3.8 GHz Factory Overclock from 2.6 GHz
CPU Cooler - Corsair Water Cooler
Asus P6x58D premium MoBd
Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6GB
Graphics Card BFG GeForce GTX 285 - 2GB
Win7 64Bit

Every once in a while while working on my computer, whether it be a graphics intensive game or just working in Word, my screen goes dark and i receive the following message:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version 34144 stopped responding"

I have updated my video driver but this seems to continue.

This has been happening for a long time and is beginning to increase in frequency.

Thanks for your help with this!!

Surlybonds

·
Premium Member
41,921 Posts
Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Set PhysX configuration -> Select a Physx processor -> choose your graphics card instead of leaving it on auto-select.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Spunk Funk!! I made the changes and will let you know how it works out. Really appreciate your helping me!!!

·
Premium Member
41,921 Posts
I hope it works for you. Let us know.
If this solves your problem, pleas mark this thread Solved in the Thread Tools at the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK SF, thanks for that! I've made the alterations and will check it out. I'll give it a couple days before I mark it as solved.
Thanks again for your kind assistance!! Greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
completed the last suggestion and really thought we had it this time, but it just now did the same thing again. Screen goes dark - shortly followed by the desktop coming back with the message quoted above.
Any other ideas? Your help is really appreciated!!
Surly

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok,

i've retrograded to the 327.23 drivers. We'll see what develops. I'll advise and certainly thank you for your assistance. your time is valuable and it is appreciated!!
Surly

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Another fast update. so far so good with the older drivers. Will monitor just a bit longer before I mark this as solved.
Thanks for everyone's help!
Surly

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was just about ready to call this solved and it happened again. I've installed the 327.23 drivers, but still happening. much longer between occurrences but still happening. Don't wish to be any trouble, but any more ideas to try?
Thanks a bunch!!
Surly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.