Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Recently, I have been getting the error stated in the title. It all started from last night, after watching a YouTube video and while listening to music, my screen suddenly blacked out and came back on within a few seconds and the pop up "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." I am using NVidia GeForce GTX 550 ti. I have also tried using the Microsoft Fix I and completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but still not solved. Today, I tried my luck again by watching a video but before I could even watch it for 3 seconds, my computer hanged this time, no BSoD, and had no choice but to force restart.

Any help is appreciated.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Hello,

First a couple of issues:

• There seems to be two anti-virus programs installed on the PC (AVG,Avira) which can cause problems and is not recommended.
You should remove one using the removal process below.
AVG Removal Tool
Avira Uninstall Process

• Check to make sure Windows is set to collect the dumps. http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...-computer-is-set-to-collect-dumps-655633.html

• How are the temps? Install HWMonitor and post a screenshot of the program at idle and under load

Completely uninstall the drivers using the process below:
-Download Driver Sweeper from here (Don't run the program yet)
-Open Control Panel > Uninstall a program and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics driver then restart Windows.
-After Windows restart run open Driver Sweeper and selecy Nvidia-Display only and click clean
Once the Process is complete restart Windows and then install the Graphics driver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By 'idle', do you mean without any programs like Google Chrome running? And just HWMonitor alone? And what do you mean by under load?

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Just take a screenshot of the program at the desktop with nothing open (idle)

With the running in the background start watching a video then ALT +TAB to the program and take a screenshot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
When you say "open control panel and uninstall a program" it can be any program?

EDIT: Ah my bad, I misinterpreted what you wrote. I will try out the Drive Sweeper now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so I just did what you asked me to do by completely uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. However, the problem still persists. I tried watching a video again (in YouTube) and about 10 seconds in my screen blacked out and came back on again, with the same pop up message "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried watching a DVD and nothing happened for about 20 minutes. Smooth playing all the way. I haven't tried playing a game yet since I just reformatted this computer a month ago. I will try uninstalling and re-installing Flash and keep you updated.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
Let's try something else to test:

Open a Youtube video > right-click the video and select settings > uncheck enable hardware acceleration

See if the videos still crash.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yup, the problem still persists when I watch a video in Youtube despite having uncheck that. >.<

EDIT: I went to another website and played another video (Not youtube) and I was able to watch it without encountering that error.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't tried that yet but unfortunately today I was greeted with the KSOD when I started my computer. I have tried deleting my event logs and everything worked for a second but after a second reboot, the computer won't boot up anymore.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay so I managed to get rid of the KSOD. I have tried installing Mozilla and using it to play videos on YouTube and nothing happened until I was prompted to upgrade my Flash. After doing so, the same pop up message "Display driver...." appeared again. And now this message so far it appeared when I am doing a search on YouTube and logging into the forums. All with Mozilla Firefox.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.