Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
So about a year ago now I have used a TV for my display for a couple of days, since I have bought a new GPU that had a DVI-D and an HDMI connection, and my monitor had only a VGA connection on it, so I had to wait a couple of days in order to buy an adapter for it (it was around New Years so most shops were closed). But, the TV brightness didn't really suit me. And, apart from being too dark it was kind of blurry (later I found out this was normal). So I start messing around with the brightness settings on the TV itself, but it didn't work. So I found out about a neat little option in windows called "monitor calibration". Basically, you can yourself adjust the presence of RGB, how low or high the contrast/brightness is. So I did just that. It looked good for a little while until I got my monitor back. It was... too bright. I couldn't read without highlighting, I couldn't play some games properly without tampering with the in game settings etc. So I have lowered it and it was too dark! And again and again... Only to find out I cannot find the perfect brightness and contrast it was on factory defaults. So PLEASE! If anyone has any idea on how to reset these settings permanently, I'd love to hear them. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
geegs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts