Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my computer keeps givin me the message that says that i have low disk space. it says i have 0 mb of free space and that i should get rid of things i dont use but it wont let me delete anythign on control panel. please help.. thanks

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Have you tried cleaning your browser cache and old restore points? That can often free a few hundred, if not a few gigs, of space.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ummm yep. and oh um when i try to click a favorites link, it says problem with shortcut (this internet shortcut cannot be opened because failed to run)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi i cleared one of the programs that was 400mb and so there was 400mb of free disk space but after a while it now says that i have 0 mb!! n i never shut the computer down either.. what should i do?

·
Henry
3,490 Posts
What did you use to clean your comp? (check my signature for two good cleaners) And how big is your hard drive?

·
Registered
282 Posts
click on start>run and type in %temp% and click on ok. Delete whatever you have in here and see if that frees up any space. I would also run a disk cleanup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uh i dont know how big my disk drive is.. how do i know that? i ran disk cleanup a couple times n it didnt help at all..

·
Registered
559 Posts
By the sound of you, you are a little computer illeterate. (please do not take offense to that!) so i am going to assume that you have no anti virus. If your hard drive just fills up that fast... it is most likely a worm. Try getting AVG, or doing free online scans.
-blitze

·
Registered
559 Posts
minzzerrzz said:
! n i never shut the computer down either.. what should i do?
O.O you're like my friend.. he leaves his computer on for months at a time... he noticed after he brought it to me for fixing that he had no fans in his computer... he almost fried it i swear. i hope u have fans! :)
-blitze

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.