·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone could help......

basically.......

os is xp pro (not sp1)
i downloaded a load of updates from windows update site,
this crashed right at the end of all its installations.

Upon reboot it says somethin like, no active boot record...
It picks up the disk in the bios, so i know the disk aint dead...(Hoping actually!)

I have tagged the disc into another system, in an effort to save some very important data (business data).

This system, also recognises the disk under bios, and it also comes up i the disk lisk when you boot. It doesnt however show up in windows though!

any clever bods out there that can help me.....i am in dire straits as i only went in to show the business how to stay on top of windows updates....now it looks like i owe them a years worth of work..!

And as for microsoft........pah, somethin about OEM.....and 'sorry' but we dont support that.....twats (excuse language...)...i ask ya, its windows aint it? and the re-seller knows less about what just came out their own *** than computers....

so please...please....please.....

HELP!

(many thanks, luv nelly!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can i also add, that it comes up under the hardware list in my computer properties.....

but it doesnt come up in the disk management section of the computer management tool.

is there any way of making this disk active within windows?

G

·
What brand of hard drive are you using and what file system is on the drive?

And welcome to the forums nelly...............:D

·
Global Moderator
51,622 Posts
This wouldn't be the disk you opened up in another thread, would it? :D I can understand why it's not recognized if that's the case. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guyz,

thanx for the response...

no i havnt posted another thread.....to the best of my knowledge, maybe on another forum, but not here....

the disk is a maxtor 40gig...
the partition just dissapeared, i am reluctant to touch it, case i really do wipe files, is this a job for the test bed, or is it something i can attack myself.?

cheers, for the welcome speedo.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
er....no i didnt, check the user, name, and then go as far as checking the logged ip, i think you will find you are wrong....

and anyway, who has a 16gig hdd these daya anyway...

many thanks...

nelly!

G

·
Well I have now way of checking your IP number but these can and do change.

Are you telling me that your not the one who put the second post on that thread?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.