Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well now form last few days i am facing this problem ., whenever i switch on my system while boot process scandisk starts n it automatically stops or cancels the cheaking. when i run chkdsk/f it says can't lock disk it will run next time system starts. but only chkdsk works . n every time it gives some convert lost chain to files.

i think its a work of some virus or some mall prog that hve changed my reg entry.(my guess)

now i want to rectify that as it is corrapting some of my files like firefox files etc

so can any one help in this .i don't want to use 3rd party s\w for registry.
if any one can guide me through the process of rectifying this problem then that would be great .

i am using (winxp pro sp1). anti virus :anti vir,(zone alerm with antivirus).
nothing dectected by these.

thanks in advance . :smile:

·
Registered
91 Posts
First boot to safe mode and try start->run->type msconfig
click on startup tab and clear all the unnecessary items. Restart the system.

Problem could also be spywares also, try installing spybot and ad-aware and scan and fix them.

Boot to recovery console and try running chkdsk /f . that should solve the problem of scandisk running all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
0578dv said:
First boot to safe mode and try start->run->type msconfig
click on startup tab and clear all the unnecessary items. Restart the system.

Problem could also be spywares also, try installing spybot and ad-aware and scan and fix them.

Boot to recovery console and try running chkdsk /f . that should solve the problem of scandisk running all the time.

well tryed cleaning all unnecessary items from the startup tab and also tryed to
scan in safe mode that also returns same result as posted in first post of this thread.

well when i tryed to scan from recovery console then it stoped scanning at 30%
with both options (chdsk / chkdsk /f)

don't know what to do n my fire fox has again started to give profile corrept
message .even after i reinstalled it twice.n i can't even delet this folder(C:\Documents and Settings\dev\Application Data\Mozilla).

i don't want to reinstall windows once again .

plz help some one any one..... ( i think some reg modulation will do the job)

plz help my scan disk option to run normally..... :cry: :sad: :sayno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am having seagate 120gb baracuda @7200rpm ,
i have tested my drive with segates utility from their site last week n that gave me a clean report.on hdd health.

well resolution thanks for ur help but is there not any reg entry to force chkdsk to run n complete when windows starts.
or will it be of any use to install spinrite 6 ,i hve this s/w but yet to try it.heard this s/w works quite well. :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.