Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help.... At my friends house I was Trying to fix his computer. It would say
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER.
So i inserted the correct disk and it asked my to accept the terms so I did. after that i get an error message saying...Somin about there is a non DOS thing on this hard drive.IN order to contiune you need to push yes.Then I push yes and It says ERROR xO1.

ALso IT says: Primary Master Disk: NoNe

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds like something is not connected properly. Are you sure the cable going to the hard drive from the motherboard is connected right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WEll i opened up the comp and everything was connected properly...So...Theerre is something serously rong :(

So if you have any sugggestions...PLEASE POST EM

S

·
0 Posts
Did you insert the Windows XP CD when it asked for the boot disk?

Try changing the bios to boot to CD-Rom first and leave the XP disk in the drive and reboot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. What if i dont have a windows XP boot disk do i just get it from their website? The other problem i have with that is if i do use the boot disk does that mean i'm wiping out my whole hard drive? That sux because i've got some info that i didn't back up...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Perhaps the drives' jumper settings are incorrect. Check out the documentation for the hard drive.

Another possibility are some errors on the disk, especially in the boot sector. Check the brand of hard drive and go to their site. I know that Maxtor and Western Digital have free downloads that will make a bootable floppy that will check your disk for errors and tell you what's wrong.

Boot disks won't wipe hard drives. Formatting a hard drive wipes it out, though. A boot disk is simply to get to Windows or DOS in case something goes bad with the hard drive.

If you're unable to boot the hard drive, you may very likely be able to rescue your files by hooking that drive up as a slave in another computer, so don't worry. Just remember to set the jumpers and connections correctly in the other computer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.