It will not work at all, it just freezes up saying compress old files.I tried checking for volume errors, but it did nothing. It just seizes up. If anyone has any suggestions at all, I would like to hear them. :4-dontkno
I had this problem before and used the following which resolved the issue.
1. Type Regedit in Start - Run
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Volume Caches
3. Right click "Compress Old Files" folder and select "Export" and save.
4. Then delete all entries in the "Compress Old Files" folder
6. Run Disk Cleanup
7. Import previous exported keys (by doubleclicking on exported .reg file)
A forum community dedicated to tech experts and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about articles, computer security, Mac, Microsoft, Linux, hardware, networking, gaming, reviews, accessories, and more!