Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm somewhat tech savvy, and my laptop has me absolutely stumped. I'll cut to the chase:

I get a dirty shutdown and restart (prompting Windows' safe mode option) any time the system attempts to enter sleep mode--whether by the Start menu or by pressing the power button (which I've set to enter sleep mode). I've asked Windows to produce a dump file in the event of a BSOD, but none have been created. I've gone through all driver updates I can think of, HP site updates, reinstalled the OS twice, etc.

I had some luck re-enabling the Windows 7 logon screen, which had previously been disabled. Worked for a few days, and I'm back where I started. :banghead:

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a few errors (one critical) around the time of the reset:

The previous system shutdown at 12:24:04 PM on ‎8/‎15/‎2012 was unexpected.

The critical error:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

And the last one around the time of the reset:

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

The last one occurred 4 minutes after the dirty shutdown, so I have a hard time believing it's completely related. For sure, though, the reset was initiated by the system going to sleep after a period of inactivity. I've since turned that feature off.

Thanks for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.