Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello ,

I got a hell lot of problems after commiting stupid mistakes after another . I needed directx 9.0c to play a game but i had 9.0b and then my friend found out for me that there was a bug in microsoft XP regarding directx 9.0c which can be well explained with this link.
http://www.funponsel.com/blog/archi...ctx-90c-over-windows-xp-sp2-with-directx-90b/
I tried downloading 9.0c before that and nothing happened at all. then my friend told me about this site and i followed its instructions ( STUPIDLY ) and then I uninstalled directx 9.0b and then i followed its instructions nothing happened . In installing it said Directx could not copy an important file which i searched on the net and someone said that I should reinstall service pack 2 for XP and then i should go to Services in the Administrative tools in the Control Panet and change something regarding Cryptographic Writings . I did this and turned out that there was some problem in installing Windows XP service pack 2 also. I'm getting problems after problems and I can't even play old games now . I go on dxdiag and i get 'Windows cannot find dxdiag'. So i've been going up and down on sites and landing up nowhere .

I am not good with computers . I just use it for gaming and music. My iTunes doesn't work either and MSN also started having some problems . Please help and give me a favourable reply that doesn't involve me ' beating around the bush ' and finding out nothing and landing nowhere . Please reply to me in this thread as I will check it .
Thank you ,
Sunny.

P.S. I am not too interested about getting dx 9.0c now I would be just as happy if you could help me get dx9.0b back itself so i can resume with my current activities .

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.