Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there... My dad has recently bought a new strategy game which now requires the use of directx 9.0c but we only had 8.1 (was all he needed to play on his older games) When we try to install directx 9.0c (either off the net or off a CD)it shows the liscence agreement, i agree and advance, then after a second it prompts "The required files have been copied across and are now ready for use" no indication of any installation!!! if i restart and check the version, it states we have version 8.1

I have installed directxbuster, and removed all directx files, thinking that a fresh start might help...! i am now left with no directx, and am unable to install the latest directx 9.0c

Could anyone help me???

·
Registered
5 Posts
im also having the same problem, i just install WIN Xp sp2.. which included directx 9.0b in it. i cant upgrade it to 9.0c, ??wats going on??

·
Registered
74 Posts
start with some diagnostics.
click on Start > run > type in "dxdiag" without the "" and hit enter.
This launches the Directx diagnostic page.
Check the versions and do some testing.
Go from there.
:wink:

·
Registered
74 Posts
BTW, the Directx download page is here

be sure you have a legal copy of WindowsXP to download it.
let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the current directx version of mine is 4.09.0000.0902
i hav tried many times to install directx 9.0c, but it just maintain in 9.0b..
:4-dontkno

·
Banned
34 Posts
Sounds funny

Every game I've every installed that needed a higher version of DirectX had that version available to install from the game's installation disk.

Also, every time I've built a system, I've simply downloaded and installed DirectX from Microsoft's site. So the idea of a "license" seems rather odd.

From what site are you trying to download it ? Maybe you are going to one of those stupid "game" sites that want you to pay for being able to download things (like patches) that you can find elsewhere for free.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here what you can try install directx9c.

1. Get a directx9b (without the c), don't install this one. keep it in a directory(dx9).
2. Get the Directx9c, also don't install 1st. Keep it in a directory(dx9c)
3. Copy some of the installation file from the dx9b directory, a few files only. not all CAB files, just the setup and .dll file to the dx9c directory.
4. Now try install Directx9c from the dx9c directory. It should be able to install and you can see the installation, instead of just bypass the installation and mention finished(as previous installation that what you have try before.)

*Files to copy or replaced in dx9c directory are : dsetup32.dll & dsetup.dll, overwrite the existing 2 file in dx9c directory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.