Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this is in the wrong place. I did a search first but was unable to find anything relevant.

I'm running Windows 2000 Pro, 256Mb RAM, on a 2.4 GHz processor, and have just done a wipe and re-install of the system. My video card is an nVidia Quadro DCC, running my display at 1600 x 1024. I'm trying to get nice, normal .avi files to play properly. They all played on the computer previously so I know the files are not themselves the problem. At first, they were very choppy and the audio skipped, but after I installed the latest Directx, they began playing back in proper resolution and with perfect audio sync, but no color. The video looks dark and is in gray scale. I have tried playing the files in several different players, including Windows Media Player and VLC, with the same results. Gspot is convinced I have the codecs I need to play the file, and if I turn off Directdraw the files go back to how they were: choppy and in a low resolution.

Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After re-installing some drivers, files now play with good audio and video sync, but at a low apparent resolution. I'll try re-installing some more and see if that fixes it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.