System Specs:
AMD Athlon 1.2ghz
IWill KA266-R
512MB DDR
Chaintech GeForce 4 TI 4400
WinXP OS

-------

Error:
Direct3D test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)

-------

Things have tried:
(1) Installed Det Pack XP 40.72
(2) Tried previous Det packs - all previous versions
(3) Tried tweaking with Antialiasing MB settings
(4) Updated motherboard bios to latest ones

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it.. and it "is" installed because it was installed with XP Pro. However, is there a way to uninstall it because I've heard rumors it has to do with the remote sharing on it.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I am not sure where in XP to uninstall netmeeting. Try add/remove programs or add/remove windows components.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other ideas or thoughts that it could be? My mobo manufacturer claims it to be my video card, but I find it odd that many people receive this error with xp, their nvidia card, and directx 8.1..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ok,
This problem is caused by some type of remote desktop control software you installed (PC anywhere, net meeting remote desktop sharing, SMS 2.0,...) Uninstall this appication and re-install directx 8.1

Another possible solution is to move the card properties down to a lower option, for example 8 MB, and see if it works!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried "already" moving the card properties down to 2MB and 8MB, no luck. With "everyone" saying to uninstall netmeet, surely I would.. but do praytell how?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yup, sw's such as Net Meeting, PC Anywhere, and any other remote desktop controling need to be uninstalled.

Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Look for them in the list, and Click Uninstall.

DaTruMasta

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok.. what.. the ****? Have you ever tried deleting a program that is installed with Windows XP before? They are not listed in the Add/Remove Programs. And, if you try deleting the folder or files its self, they will reappear. There must be some sort of sys file that lists this function to do this I believe, but I have no clue where it may be. Going to this cpl will not help me uninstall. Any "other" suggestions on how to uninstall netmeeting?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Didn't solve problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.