Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TSF Security Team, Emeritus
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You remember Direct Revenue?? Those wonderful people that bring you some great products...like CERES.DLL, LocalNRD.dll, nail.exe, conscorr.exe, aurora... OH yea!! Well..they are back in the news...as Brad Stone interviewed Direct Revenue's new CEO Jean-Philippe Maheu.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8974223/site/newsweek/

After reading the whole interview...I've never heard so much BS in my life in the way he describes this company. As I was reading it I began thinking of one of those old sayings......You know the ole attage... "Don't Pi$$ down my back and tell me it's raining!"

Pay special attention to comments about "responsibility for the behavior of affiliates and distributors" and the "company uses the name ‘ABetterInternet" questions that are posed. These guys change names all the time for one main reason.

TO HIDE!! :4-surpris

Once they trash the name...as it becomes associated as a nasty spyware/adware vendor they make a new name...and start all over. These guys are after one thing and it's not to make sure they disclose their software to the poor user. NO..NO... It's all about the mighty DOLLAR! :4-money:

Make as much as you can....as fast as you can...and move on.

·
TSF Security Manager, Emeritus
52,197 Posts

·
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Direct Revenue..... BUSTED!!...lol

Finally some "Good News". If Hurricane Digital Media, LLC can prove (and it sounds like they can) a direct link and paper trail to DR......this will be BIG NEWS. The New York Attorney General's Office should take action as they have in the past with even less evidence and since DR is already being probed...this may be the first step in taking them down!!

·
6,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.