Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on the machine it starts up the status bar and I get one bar. The diagnostic lights 1,2,and 3 are on then nothing. It appears to never get throught the pre-post so I am unable to get to set-up. I tried tapping the F12 key during the start-up but nothing happens. I reseated all the cards, checked all the connections but nothing. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

·
TSF - Enthusiast
15,298 Posts
-Disconnect all peripherals (printer,flash drive,ext HDD,ect)

-Make sure that no disc are in the drives.

-Try RAM 1 stick at a time

-Unplug the PC > remove the CMOS battery

-After inserting the CMOS battery attempt to boot into System Setup

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried the things you suggested. Same issue. I unplugged all the devices one by one and all together, tried each memory module individually, tried resetting cmos all with the same result. Now I'm stuck can anyone think of something I missed or could try

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I not sure I know what you are referring to. Is that the ribbon cable from the motherboard to the cd drives?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I identified the cable you are referring to. There is a ribbon cable that runs from the back corner of the motherboard to the front bar where the diag lights are. Is that the cable you want to me to jump? When I jump pins 15 and 16 should I do that on the motherboard? Should I just take a paper clip and temporarily connent pins 15 16?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked very carefully at all the capacitors and I do not see any indication of swelling or leaking. They all look normal. Each top is perpendicular to the base and they are all straight, nothing leaking around the bottom or the top. By the way, I want to thank you for your continued support

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.