Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· An Awesome Dude
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you like better??

Everyone here probably knows how much I love analogue and its warmth/depth... Digital is flat and sterile and that goes for pictures also..... No life in it @ all,no depth....

What do ya'll think? (I wont get mad if someone says they love digital.. lets try and have a good open minded discussion about it)

· TSF Team, Emeritus
57,145 Posts
Mmmmm, I wouldn't say digital is more flat and sterile than film, that's down to the photographer and camera, regardless of the medium being used.

The main thing I love about digital is the not waiting for photos to be returned from the D&P (Usually about 2 weeks), digital lets you see the result instantly, giving you chance to (hopefully) re-shoot the picture again.

The downside is that the photos can't be enlarged as much as 35mm, without losing quality.

· TSF Team, Emeritus
57,145 Posts
Most cameras tend to store the pics at 72/96 DPI nowadays unless they can save as .RAW, which doesn't leave much wriggle-room for enlarging very much. OK the software algorithms are getting better for enlarging digital pictures 'cleanly', but it's still to easy to get blocky pixelated pics if you're not careful.

I suppose the viewing-point would make a difference though, the further back the viewer stands, the 'cleaner' the pic appears...... :lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.