Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing a new graphics card with barnad new drivers from nVidia to boot, my digital vibrance doesn't work on startup. By this I mean that after the taskbar icon turns up it works fine. But during the login screen and a few seconds before startup it doesn't go.

It used to :sigh:

Any ideas?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

·
Helper
4,126 Posts
My understanding of this is that drivers are loaded in 'Load Order Groups' and the newer the driver installation, the later it loads in the specific group.

So, on a clean install with just MS drivers you install Nvidia drivers, then later you install a slew of other programs/processes which add more drivers to that group (and possibly others).

Thus, Nvidia drivers in their group load earlier than those later additions in the same group.

However, you uninstalled those drivers and added new ones which basically go to the end of the line and load last in their group.

Like I say, my understanding.

ref: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms790738.aspx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This applies after the computer has logged in. Because digital vibrance appears after the nVidia control panel turns up. Which means that it's set to work at the beginning of that program. I could leave my computer sitting at the control panel all day and vibrance still wouldn't appear.

I'm asking how I could make it so that when the OS starts up and the video driver initializes (during boot + login screen) to have the digital vibrance setting applied.

I'm not so sure if it's the work of Load Order Groups.

Thanks for the heads up though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.