Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felt I needed to update the bios, was at 1007, trying to flash to 1023, went here to learn how?? Well box won't start now??? came to the forum for help found this OMG Have I made a paperweight??? Oh please their has to be something to save the MB ????

Second question, if I get the same MoBo( a P4C800E-Deluxe ) will my raid array see it and boot??? Can I just put in a new one and be right back up and running???

Thanks I always get great help here. :sayyes:

·
Registered
25,111 Posts
Hi,

First of all, Clintfan's information is much superior to the ASUS website's information. His work in that area is just outstanding and I don't know of any tech who is more versed on this subject. I have not read that sticky for a while, so don't remember all the info that he goes through, but if he says it, you can take it to the bank.

It looks to me like you have three options:

1) You could try the flash recovery option as explained by Oldmn. He has given you good advice and the source and this should be your first option to try.

2) You could simply clear your CMOS and see if it comes back up. (don't hold your breath on this one, but worth a try.

3) You could order a new BIOS chip from a source on Ebay that comes in at around $15 to $20 bucks. If you want to go that route, pm linderman (on this forum) and ask him for the source on Ebay. They are quick, accurate, and resonably priced. I have not used this source, but linderman has several times. It is not a big deal to change that chip.

Let us know what happens and if we can help further, let us know.

·
Registered
25,116 Posts
For $15.00 you can have a new bios chip and all will be good again !! go here / its no big deal ~~ very easy
http://cgi.ebay.com/new-Replacement...6816234373QQcategoryZ1244QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this seller is an awesome dude to use / excellent communicator / fast shipper I have used him several times thanks to asus live update !!

when you remove your existing chip make sure you make note of the orientation on the motherboard / dont use stickers or writing on the bios chip for allignment notes / the chip will have some orientation mark on it like a squared off corner or shallow half circle on one edge etc / a bios chip will allow its self to be installed in the wrong orientation and it will frag it !!!!

alittle bit of pressure with a paper clip and they pop right out / the bios chip is a small square thing next to cmos battery / says 4mg something on it

make sure you remove plug from house wall socket that feeds PSU when doing this / and by the way ~~ have angelib put the newest bios version on that chip for you !!!!

sure beats $100.00 fror a new mobo ??!!

regards

joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.