Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this card three days ago. When I first installed it it worked fine, but after two days it stopped. All of a sudden, I was using PCDJ, and I tried to use it and the computer froze. Now, whenever I try to play sound through it the computer freezes. The numlock is unresponsive, you can't alt-ctrl-del, and the reset button doesn't work. I have to push the power button. I'm running WinXP on an AMD 1gz with 128mb and my other soundcard is a soundblaster PCI. Anyone have a suggestion? I've checked device conflicts and gone through the tutorial on fixing the sound card.

Nemo

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
nemo:
Are you running any of the software that came with the soundcard Liveware for example, because it may be just a software/driver conflict with XP. You also might want to try "repairing" the software you used, even though you might not be currently using it the crash may have corrupted a .dll or something. Good Luck! I'll check back to see if I can build off of anyone elses ideas, plus I have some friends who might know something.

Valiant2003

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad:

So I did an entirely new installation of windows on another partition and I still have the same symptoms, and I'm guessing it's a hardware issue. Thanks for your help though.

Nemo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.