Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
Hello and Welcome to TSF.

No sorry, diablo 3 isn't in blizzard's 2010 plans from what I've heard. The system requirements are kind of an estimate at the moment. I would pay attention to starcraft II's requirements though.

What are your current specs right now? Diablo 3 probably won't be as demanding as crisis(hopefully).

·
Team Manager, Gaming
7,320 Posts
Crysis was a demanding game back in 2007, 2008 but now every game released needs more requirements, but I don't think they'll match it beauty!
(well maybe some) if Diablo 3 is like Torchlight (the gameplay and not the graphics) then I guess you'll need a Dual Core CPU and at least a Geforce 6800 GT (that's a guess of course)
just wait for Starcraft II and its requirements, I guess it'll be near its requirments
but probably as you can see the time of the 6 series Geforce cards is gone!
it's time for the 7800 and + and that's really scary!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yeah they haven't released recommended/min specs yet, however it's probably way too early to be worrying about it. Diablo 3 won't be out for a looooooooooooooooooong time to come. Quarter 2 or 3 of 2011 seems most likely at this stage.

Blizzard will most likely be releasing info on the requirements closer to the release date.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well at game stop it says the release date is some were in 2010. I actually resurved a copy. I just hope my computer can handle it. I have a 3.33GHz processor and a garbage built in video card.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
My chipset barely handles diablo 2. So I would agree with canceling the order, or you could upgrade I guess.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh i already have the uprades planed out. I have a 256MB ATI video card found. My ram just went bad so i need to up grade the ram. I have also found a processor upgrade.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
I think diablo 3 has better graphics. I don't think it's going to be a low system requirement game.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Keep in mind Oblivion is a rather old game... while its graphics are good, they don't really compete with current-generation graphics. Also remember Diablo 3 is a different format to Oblivion, there are lots of enemies grouped together, so it will most likely be fairly CPU intensive as well as having good graphics.

And no, Zealex is right, it's definitely not a low system requirement game.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Starcraft 2 was announced in Spring of 2007. It'll probably be out just over 3 years from then. Diablo III was announced less than a year ago. Going by Starcraft...I wouldn't start building a system built with D3 in mind. Not for another year and a half at least.

·
Retired Mod.
4,479 Posts
Keep in mind Oblivion is a rather old game... while its graphics are good, they don't really compete with current-generation graphics. Also remember Diablo 3 is a different format to Oblivion, there are lots of enemies grouped together, so it will most likely be fairly CPU intensive as well as having good graphics.

it's definitely not a low system requirement game.
I don't think any of the latest releases have really been low end. Technology...meh >.>.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.