Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a DI-704 that has not been used for a while (we are using a Linksys Wireless router in our office.) But we have a moved into a new home and want to move the wireless router there. Consequently, I am attempting to bring the D-Link router back in to play, but cannot access the Admin Utils via IE.

I have reset the device to Factory Setting (via the reset process), but 192.168.0.1 is not responding. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Make sure you hold the reset down for at least 30 seconds, then the router should reboot. Connect a PC via a wired connection and the do the following:

Start, Run, type "cmd", type "ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt". Leave out the quotes ("").

Open C:\ipconfig.txt with Notepad and copy/paste the info back for review and comment.

JamesO

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JamesO said:
Make sure you hold the reset down for at least 30 seconds, then the router should reboot. Connect a PC via a wired connection and the do the following:

Start, Run, type "cmd", type "ipconfig /all >C:\ipconfig.txt". Leave out the quotes ("").

Open C:\ipconfig.txt with Notepad and copy/paste the info back for review and comment.

JamesO
I had been doing your suggestion (resetting to router) a number of times but each time i did not get into the router. But I tried it again a couple times.

But after typing in the default IP of the router into my browser, it came to me that maybe the problem was that I was on the wrong IP subnet. When I changed my local IP address to 192.168.0.xxx, the Admin login screen came up immediately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.