Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so Ive got a new motherboard, an DFI 865PE Infinity to be specific, I am using a formatted drive with windows installed, so the drivers for the motherboard arent on it, but Ive got video, ethernet, USB and all other drivers fine and dandy, but the sound, well I have been looking on the DFI site and there are a few different files to download, ive downloaded all of them and tried them 1 by one ( making sure i uninstalled the previous one to stop confliction) but none of them worked, first of all i tried them one by one, then I used a soundcard which caused some sort of confilct and made the PC freeze on bootup so I decided to go back to onboard sound and now when I download the drivers and try to install, it says I dont have the C-Media audio chip. But I must have because Im using the manufacturers website and looking for drivers for MY motherboard, so I am now completely confused. :4-dontkno

edit: here is what the manufacturer (DFI) says the motherboard i am using has

Audio
C-Media CMI9739a 6-channel codec
20-bit stereo full-duplex codec with independent variable sampling rate
High quality differential CD input
True stereo line level outputs
S/PDIF-in/out interface

Ive searched around for C-Media CMI etc etc drivers and still had no luck

·
Registered
18,118 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
it was a pre fromatted drive, it was completely blank, nothing on it at all, then we plugged it all in and installed xp by booting from cd then once we had OS running we installed the graphics card drivers and then I got the ethernet and usb etc drivers, everything on it is working fine with NO problems, if I cud get the sound to work I wud have a fully functioning computer.

the exact error is:

Our audiochip provides multi-speaker surround and realistic sound effects
due to the fact that your computer is not equipped with our audio chip,
you cannot avail yourself to these advanced features.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
If you are installing a new sound card and the MOB has OB sound then you need to disable the OB sound in the bios. Or you WILL HAVE conflicts.
Have you went into device manager and disable the sound, restart windows should find new hardware. have it look on the MOB CD. This has worked for me many times.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm well when i put a soundcard in it used to freeze on bootup and turning of OB sound didnt help but Ill try turning off OB sound THEN putting a soundcard in, that might help but Ill give it a try and get back to you

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ok guys i went out and bought a new sound card, it works sort of, I uninstalled all of the old drivers, shut down and put in the new sound card, i booted up and it all installed fine, now I hear sound but they are cut off e.g. when you get the windows error sound or the volume up and down sound it does not completely play it, it cuts off the end., and when i play games there is nothing but silence,I was playing far cry and when the Ubisoft logo comes up it does its music all fine no skipping or nothing, but after that its just silence, the menu is silent, when playing it is silent, so I dont know what to do, im going to test it with other games to see if its my far cry CD altho i doubt it, its a brand new cd.

edit: ok just tested BF2 and that has all sounds working fine with no problems, yet the microsoft sounds and the far cry sound still have problems.. :4-dontkno

If i can get the windows sounds to work I will be happy i dont really play far cry that much i was just using it to test my new graphics card.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.