Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My "Device Manager" box is empty!:sad:
Peripherals still seem to be working to a point
Would really appreciate some help with this.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very many thanks for quick response - followed the link and carried out directives but still have an empty Device Manager box:sad:

·
Registered
40,869 Posts
As the Link that CCT attached, Go to Start/Run and type services.msc and press enter. Scroll down to Plug and Play and double click it. Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic and that the Service is Started. If it Won't start, check the Dependencies tab and make sure those services are started.
If the service is started and there are still no items in Device Manager, then Stop the service and restart the computer. After restart Check back to see if the service has started and you have items in the Device Manager. If you still have no items, you are probably infected with malware. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and post in that section of the Forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Network connections don't show but still able to connect to internet.
Carried out a full virus scan / check tonight. Some Malware showed up but has been cleared allong with a few other problems but still no change!:sad:

·
Registered
40,869 Posts
Malware showed up but has been cleared allong with a few other problems
Try a System Restore to a time before this happened.
It sounds like you are still infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and post in that section of the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.