Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Everytime I switch on my laptop I get a device driver installation complete window that pops up. There is no tick box to click to say do not show me this message again. I know it isn't causing any detriment to the laptop but it is annoying and shouldn't happen. Does anybody know how to stop it. Thanks :rolleyes:

·
Banned
46 Posts
Check Device Manager, enable "show hidden devices" and report any yellow flagged devices. It sounds like it's actually NOT installing the driver properly, and it would be a good idea to find out exactly what the device is.

My first guess would be some kind of USB device. You might try unplugging them all and see if it goes away. Also, disabling any unused hardware in BIOS (such as parallel ports, serial ports, etc...) is always a good idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jerry, Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am very impressed. I did as you said and found a flagged driver, it is called Serial. It says it is not working or not installed etc. I clicked on it and disabled it so it would not use it, restarted my computer, and hey presto....... the same message came again. I thought we had cracked it lol or should i say YOU had cracked it. Anyway i have tried to re-enable it and it wont let me, it says windows is not able too. Hmmmmm you mentioned the BIOS etc but I'm afraid i only know how to work a computer not how it works :rolleyes: But i'm not afraid to have a go if you could give me a little more errrm in-depth tuition. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.