Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, let me apologize if this has been answered, but I tried to search and the browser keeps returning a memory error. I have 4GB, so I don't know what the problem is.

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a newly formatted Harddrive on another computer. It gives me the language screen, and the "Install" button, but I get the error that the DVD/CD drive does not have the correct drivers. I have tried to F8 during boot, and disable the device certification check. It still gives me the error. It allows me to browse to a location, but I can't find a driver for my HP 200i DVD drive. The HP site does not have a Window7 driver available.

Drivers available on the web are exe files that I need to run, but I need don't have an operating system yet. Is there a generic drive that will allow me to install W7?

·
Visiting Expert, Microsoft Support Team
421 Posts
It sounds like you're using a SATA DVD drive to try and install Windows. You have two options: You can use a different DVD drive that uses IDE instead of SATA, or you can go into your BIOS and attempt to have your motherboard emulate IDE for the SATA ports. If I remember correctly, the way to do that is to disable the AHCI option in your BIOS. Reboot, and see if it doesn't work this time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.