Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

When I switch my laptop's resolution to a higher one, lets say 1024x768, it gets switched, but the computer screen is zoomed in. Is there a way to fix this?

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi Sky Geek

I confess I'm not sure what you mean by "zoomed in". If the resolution actually moved from 800x600 to 1024x768, we'd expect things to be somewhat "zoomed out".

Just to poke around a little, look in on the Advanced display properties for your graphics driver. Right-click a blank area on the desktop, select Properties, select Settings (make sure the resolution is set to the 1024x768 that you expect), then Advanced (and check for settings that might cause the 'zooming' effect you mention.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

P.S. ... perhaps it's just a misunderstanding in terms: most recent laptops have resolutions much higher than 1024x768 --- a typical 15.4 widescreen laptop will display at a native 1280x800 --- so that changing the resolution to 1024x768 would actually be moving to a "lower" resolution, and the items on the desktop will appear much larger (or "zoomed in") --- that is the normal result of such a change.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an old laptop, about 5-6 years old. The effect I get is a zoomed in, so it looks the same as 800x600, but the window scrolls down right and left etc. I can try and take a video of it if that helps. I also tried that advanced settings trick, and no beans :( :4-dontkno

Thanks for your help!

If I need to take a video of it I will.

·
TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,258 Posts
Hi again

Seems like I remember a feature of some laptop graphics that mentioned a Zoom of some sort, but I never got to actually see it in action. I think it rather came and went in a somewhat short period of time.

If you have the make/model handy, we can look for a user guide for it online -- it might be something you can control with the Fn keys that are unique to different series of laptops.

A rather unique feature: sounds like it could be fun for some programs.
. . . Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.