Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a Dell pc, bought january 08, which is running vista home basic. Sorry there is no more info but I'm completely whatless when it comes to computers :)
It has been working great since we bought it and was fine last night. Went to boot it this morning and all I get is a sequence of two beeps, about four seconds apart. No fan, nothing else. I'm guessing - and hoping - this is a simple mechanical problem. Can someone please shed some light on it? Much obliged, in advance.

·
Visiting Expert, Microsoft Support Team
418 Posts
Every manufacturer publishes documentation regarding what those different series of beeps (called "POST Beeps") means. I'm looking through it right now and I'll let you know. Can you tell me what specific model of Dell you have (XPS, Optiplex)?

·
Visiting Expert, Microsoft Support Team
418 Posts
Additionally, most Dell desktops have a series of 4 LED's on the front or back of the tower. If you have them, try booting your computer and let us know which ones are lit. If you're not getting any video on your monitor, then my immediate guess would be that your video adapter is causing the problems, but the LED's would help narrow it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.